With IBM i2 iBase Designer you can design relational databases in which all data can be entered that is relevant to your research. During this four-day training course you will learn how the program can be used as a tool for resolving issues such as 'Design a relational database, with which you can investigate the transactions of a group of people for particular factors'.
The examples and issues come from police cases (car theft, human trafficking, drug transport, murder and robbery) and from the financial sector (financial fraud, identity fraud, skimming, counterfeiting, money laundering practices).
For whom is this training intended?
Researchers and analysts who are or will be involved in designing and creating a database and entering, analysing and visualising large amounts of research data of various kinds. In practice, iBase Designer (usually in combination with IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook) is used mainly by police analysts, defense and by employees in fraud departments for large private or government institutions, banks and insurance companies.
What do you learn during the training?
- Designing a relational data model. Designing an iBase database, with multiple options for Security and Audit Levels.
- Creating the iBase database based on this design.
- Use iBase in combination with Analyst's Notebook.
- Working with relevant Analyst's Notebook tools and options.
- Create standard fields, Labelling schemes and Schema attributes.
- Design data sheets, making the input more efficient and less error-prone.
- Import records from structured data formats. Build, schedule and save for reuse of these import specifications.
- Search and edit large numbers of records, for example by simply building highly complex (Visual) Queries in iBase.
- Generate reports
- Export records.
- Create a template from a database.
- Repair, compress, manage and check a database.
A lot of attention is also paid to iBase User in the iBase Designer training. After following the iBase Designer training, you therefore don't need to follow the iBase User training.